Volume Navigator Overview
Starting from version 6.01 Hex Editor Neo includes a built-in Volume Navigator which is capable of parsing volume structure.
Currently, only NTFS-formatted volumes and CDFS volumes are supported. Volume Navigator sometimes is also capable of parsing slightly damaged NTFS volume structure.
Volume Navigator implements the following functionality:
- Parsing volume structure
- An entire volume is parsed and represented in Volume Navigator Tool Window. This includes all directories, files, file streams, file attributes and so on.
- Showing file record structure
- Whenever file record is selected in navigator's window, it is automatically parsed in Structure Viewer Tool Window.
- Locating volume items
- A location (all clusters) an item occupies on a volume may be highlighted in opened editor window.
- Copying volume items
- Any selected item (stream, file, directory or entire volume) may be copied.
- Opening Volume
- Every time an supported volume is opened with File » Open » Open Volume… command, Volume Navigator automatically parses volume structure and displays it in its Volume Navigator Tool Window.